Sunday, October 3, 2010

About Classroom Ready ESL

Hi!  I'm Sarah.  I teach English to adults and teenagers in Lisbon, Portugal.  Before that I taught English to Brazilian expats in the United States.  Before that I taught English to all sorts of people in Japan.  I have done plenty of other jobs in between, but teaching English is the one thing I've managed to both love and earn money doing.  

I leave work energized.  I don't mind coming in early.  Days when my teaching schedule is full seem to pass in the blink of an eye.

I prefer to use a lot of flashcards, boardgames and props in my classes.  I think tactile activities that require movement work better than worksheets and note taking.  The challenge with this material-heavy method is that good materials take time and some experience to create and perfect.

This blog is a place where I will keep the classroom-tested materials I have created with a brief explanation of how and when I have used them.  

My goal is that the only preparation needed to use these materials is printing and cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment